An alternative way to access SQL databases in Xojo.
Our MBS Xojo SQL Plugin is an alternative database interface to Xojo. It can be used either with the database class (via SQLDatabaseMBS class) or with our own SQLConnectionMBS class which gives more options.
- Connect to 14 different database systems, use more without relaying on ODBC.
- Bind parameters to prepared statements by name instead of index.
- Binding type is optional on prepared statements.
- Connect to SQL databases in multithreaded mode for better GUI responsibility.
- Depending on what you do with your database our plugins can be magnitudes faster!
- Handle blob values with more than one GB of size by streaming in chunks.
- Access databases where no plugin comes with Xojo: DB2, Sybase, SQL Anywhere, Informix, DuckDB, Firebird and Interbase.
- Use MySQL with Enterprise, Community or embedded libraries.
- Transfer rows in bulk mode to reduce network traffic and increase speed.
- Perform SQL queries and SQL commands in multithreaded mode for better GUI responsibility.
- Use SpatiaLite library with Xojo.
- Use API for online Backups in SQLite.
- Use your own copy of the native connector library.
- Works with Xojo. Works with Web, Desktop and Console.
- Works with MySQL Bit data type. (Feedback case 16547)
- Connect to Microsoft SQL Server without installing native client using OLEDB option.
- Can provide RecordSets for use with Xojo reports engine.
- Supports moving forward/backword, first and last in result sets.
- Use SQLCipher library with Xojo, a version of SQLite with built in encryption.
- With version 15.3 supports internal SQLite library built into the plugin with SQLite Encryption Extension. Compatible to Xojo's encrypted databases and offering AES 128, 256 and RC4 encryption.
- Built-in CubeSQL client library.
The MBS Xojo SQL Plugin is a Xojo plugin for accessing multiple SQL databases (CubeSQL, Centura SQLBase, DB2, DuckDB, Firebird, Informix, InterBase, MariaDB, Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, ODBC, Oracle Database Server, PostgreSQL, SQL Anywhere, SQLite, SQLCipher and Sybase). It uses native APIs of target DBMS so applications developed with this plugin run swiftly and efficiently. The product also provides a low-level interface that allows developers to access database-specific features. By encapsulating a vendor's API, the plugin acts as middleware and delivers database portability. See details on supporting SQL database servers on different platforms:
|Server||Windows||MacOS and Linux|
|Oracle Database Server||Supported (OCI)||Supported (OCI)|
|Microsoft SQL Server||Supported (DB-Library, OLE DB)||FreeTDS ODBC driver should be used|
|Sybase||Supported (Open Client, ASE & ASA)||Supported (Open Client, ASE & ASA)|
|DB2||Supported (DB2 CLI)||Supported (DB2 CLI)|
|Informix||Supported (Informix CLI)||Supported (Informix CLI)|
|Centura (formerly Gupta) SQLBase||Supported (CAPI)||Supported (CAPI)|
|MySQL / MariaDB||Supported (MySQL C API)||Supported (MySQL C API)|
|PostgreSQL||Supported (libpq)||Supported (libpq)|
|ODBC||Supported||Supported (iODBC, see www.iodbc.org)|
Connect to Microsoft Access, FileMaker Server (or Pro), Microsoft Visual FoxPro and others via ODBC.
Works with MacOS, iOS, Windows and Linux for Desktop, Mobile, Console and Web.
Xojo Developer Magazine Articles
- The MBS SQL Plugin in issue 14.1
Watch tutorial videos:
|MBS SQL Plugin Presentation
If you order OmegaBundle 2022, you receive either a new license or an additional year on an existing license.